Home Request Info!


Transient Admission

Transient Admission

A transient student is one, currently enrolled at another college or university, who wishes to take courses at Carson-Newman University for one semester and transfer the credit earned to the institution where the degree is being pursued. Students who are admitted with transient status are not eligible for financial assistance from Carson-Newman University.

Candidates seeking transient admission should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:

  • Complete the online Application for Admission
  • Official transcripts or letter of approval from current institution’s academic dean or registrar


For questions concerning enrollment as a transient student, please contact Clay Wilkerson at 865-471-4652 or by email at swilkerson@cn.edu

Rankings & Recognitions View All